Choosing a Qualified Rehabilitation Consultant

Minnesota Workers Compensation Law provides for vocational assistance and assistance with managing your medical treatment. The person that helps with this is paid by the insurer and is known as a qualified rehabilitation consultant (QRC). The QRC will conduct an evaluation to determine whether you are a qualified employee and, therefore, entitled to vocational assistance.

You have the right to make your own selection of the QRC. You must make this election within a short time period. You also have the right to deselect the QRC chosen by the insurer and replace that QRC with one of your own choosing. Minnesota Workers Compensation Attorney Gregg Nelson can help you with this process, which must be accomplished within the time permitted by law.